PT Community Choir
City Singers of Hartford, Music Director
CitySingers of Hartford is an adult chamber choral group of mixed vocal parts that presents professional quality performances of a variety of styles and periods of music, both sacred and secular, accompanied and unaccompanied. The group has a dedicated following in the Greater Hartford area.
The Choral Music Director is a part time position, selected by the Board of Directors in collaboration with the singers. Job duties will begin in January 2022.
- Select music and develop programs for
- Procure performance opportunities and venues and schedule
- Recruit, audition, and select singers, accompanists, and instrumentalists when needed
- Rehearse singers weekly with additional special rehearsals (such as dress rehearsals and sectionals) as
- Present a minimum of two concert series per
- Seek collaboration with other arts
- Obtain music and request necessary permits to perform the
- Create performance program
- Work with Committees and Treasurer to assist with the completion of documents required for grant proposals and
- Collaborate with the Publicity Committee to maintain online
- Act as the primary spokesperson for CitySingers at conferences, meetings, events, and other
RELATIONSHIP WITH THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- The Director is an Ex-officio member of the Board and shall attend Board
- Work with the Board of Directors and Committees to plan, execute, and evaluate
- A. in music or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a choral conductor preferred.
- Strong teaching, communication, interpersonal, and leadership
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications and
- Position is for an independent
- Applications will be accepted until September 10,
- Send a letter of interest and resume with 3 professional references (including contact information) to Tema Silk at email@example.com.
- If possible, applicants should provide a video link of themselves conducting a choral ensemble performance, rehearsal, or
- Selected applicants will be invited to lead a CitySingers rehearsal between October 1-22.
- For additional information please contact Tema Silk at firstname.lastname@example.org