Showcase Ensemble Application Procedure
Applications are being accepted online through November 15 for school performing groups (choral, instrumental, alternative) representing elementary, middle, and high school levels for performance as a Showcase Ensemble at the CMEA In-Service Conference, April 2-4, 2020 at the Connecticut Convention Center, Hartford.
The selection committee will evaluate applications and audio submissions through a blind selection process. Groups who have performed two years in succession at the CMEA state conference are not eligible to perform at the 2020 conference.
Please make sure submissions are high quality audio recordings: recordings that cannot be played or have major distortions that prevent judges from hearing clearly will not be considered.
Preparing to Apply
It is recommended to have these materials on hand prior to beginning this application:
- Basic Conductor Bio and Ensemble Information
- Your NAfME/CMEA membership number
- Administrator’s name, phone and email and consent to apply
- Ensemble set up requirements (number of students, layout of the group)
- Information about and recordings of three selections, recently performed by your ensemble (spring-fall 2019) in MP3 or M4A format for upload or mail in a CD version to CMEA postmarked Nov 15, 2019. Mail CD to CMEA, Showcase Ensemble, P.O. Box 174 Cromwell, CT 06416-0174
If selected, CMEA will provide the following equipment if needed: Conductor stand/podium, music stands, choral risers, concert bass drum, set of 3 timpani, piano (either acoustic or electric). All additional equipment needs are the responsibility of the ensemble.
Conductor of the ensembles will be notified by December 18, 2019 of their application status.