Showcase Ensemble Application
Applications are being accepted from CMEA members now through December 17, 2021 for school performing groups (choral, instrumental, alternative) representing elementary, middle, and high school levels for performance as a Showcase Ensemble at the CMEA In-Service Conference, March 31 – April 2, 2022 at the Connecticut Convention Center, Hartford.
The selection committee will evaluate applications and audio submissions through a blind selection process. Groups who have performed two years in succession at the CMEA state conference in recent years are not eligible to perform at the 2022 conference. Please make sure submissions are high quality audio recordings: recordings that cannot be played or have major distortions that prevent judges from hearing clearly will not be considered.
If selected, CMEA will provide the following equipment if needed: Conductor stand/podium, music stands, choral risers, concert bass drum, set of 3 timpani, piano (either acoustic or electric). All additional equipment needs are the responsibility of the ensemble. Conductors will be notified no later than January 28, 2022 of their ensemble’s application status.
Preparing to Apply
It is recommended to have these materials on hand prior to beginning this application:
- Basic Conductor Bio and Ensemble Information
- Your current NAfME/CMEA membership number
- Administrator’s name, phone and email and consent to apply
- Ensemble set up requirements (number of students, layout of the group)
- Information about and recordings of three selections, recently performed by your ensemble in MP3 or M4A format for upload.
Member login is required to access this application.