Showcase Ensemble Application Now Open!
Interested in having your ensemble be a featured performer at the annual In-Service Conference?
CMEA is seeking performing groups (choral, instrumental, alternative) representing elementary, middle, high school, and collegiate levels to be featured as a Showcase Ensemble at the CMEA In-Service Conference, April 4-6, 2024, at the Connecticut Convention Center, Hartford.
The purpose of the Showcase Ensembles is to highlight the diverse body of music making within Connecticut schools. CMEA hopes to showcase a wide variety of both grade levels and music ensembles. Everyone is encouraged to apply!
The application is open to all Connecticut Music Educators and is open now through Friday December 22, 2023. The selection committee will evaluate applications and audio submissions through a blind selection process. All ensembles will hear whether they have or have not been selected by Friday January 26, 2024.
Please have these materials on hand prior to beginning this application:
– Teacher Bio and Headshot (optional)
– Ensemble/Music Program Bio and Photo (optional)
– Administrator’s name, contact information, and consent to apply
– Ensemble set up requirements (number of students, layout of the group) and anticipated needed equipment for performance if selected
– Information about and recordings of two selections recently performed by your ensemble. Recordings should be from either the current or 2022-23 school year.
Groups who have performed two years in succession are not eligible to perform at the 2024 conference.
If selected, CMEA will provide the following equipment: Conductor stand/podium (if available), music stands, choral risers, concert bass drum, set of 3 timpani, piano (either acoustic or electric), drum set, and an amp(s). All additional equipment needs are the responsibility of the ensemble.
Questions? Email the Showcase Ensemble Co-Chairs Justin Daly and Dan O’Brien or the CMEA PD Chair Hannah Cole.