CMEA Music Library
In addition to supplying music for our festival ensembles, the CMEA Music Library is available to current members as a lending library. Members may borrow up to two titles at a time between November 1 and June 15 during the school year.
If you would like to borrow music from the CMEA library: Read the below qualifications and borrowing procedure carefully, and then log in to this website and the Lending Library Application Form will appear to the right on desktop or at the bottom of the page on mobile.
Festival Committees should not use the lending library form to order music for the festival ensembles. Instead login to access the Committee Forms section under Student Events and complete the Festival Music Order Form found there.
- Borrower must be a current member of CMEA.
- Only two titles may be borrowed. These must be returned before any others are issued.
- Music must be used for educational, not-for-profit purposes only.
- Copying of music is prohibited.
- A use date must be specified at time of lending.
- A non refundable postage and handling fee of $15.00 per title must be paid to the
CMEA office before the music is mailed.
- If the Borrower prefers to pick the music up in person at the CMEA office, the fee is reduced to $10.00 per title.
- Acceptable forms for payment are cash, check or credit. (Purchase orders are not accepted for this service)
- Music must be returned in the same condition as it was received.
- Borrower is responsible for any music that has been damaged or lost. The CMEA office will reorder music that is lost or damaged, and the borrower will be invoiced and charged accordingly. Out of print music that is lost or damaged will be assessed a value and other music will be purchased in its place to supplement the music library.
- To insure restitution, a Visa or MasterCard credit card number must be provided even if you pay the handling fee by cash or check. If restitution is not made for lost or damaged music, all further borrowing privileges will be revoked.
- Contact the CMEA Office by phone (860-632-1847) or e-mail (email@example.com) to determine the availability of music; please provide the library number found in the PDF when inquiring. After confirmation of availability, please log in to cmea.org to access the Lending Library Application. Download the pdf, complete and return to the CMEA Office via mail along with the appropriate postage and handling fee.
- Music will be mailed via the US Postal Service to the address provided on the application.
- Borrower is responsible for the return postage or making arrangements to drop off at the CMEA office.
- Music must be returned within 2 weeks of the specified use date. Music that has not been returned after two weeks will be considered lost and the replacement cost charged to the Borrower.
The form will show below this text once you are logged in.